- FAQ: What is The CW's relationship to KTVL News10?
- FAQ: How can I watch The NEW Southern Oregon CW?
- FAQ: Is Southern Oregon CW carried on cable or satellite?
- FAQ: We have an antenna. Will that get only the CBS network programming or both?
- FAQ: Are all the shows from the WB and UPN on the CW?
- Helpful links
KTVL-TV and Southern Oregon CW are both owned by Freedom Broadcasting of Oregon Inc., a division of Freedom Communications (www.freedom.com). Southern Oregon CW is a separate 24-hour TV station with CW network programming, along with other syndicated programming.
The Southern Oregon CW is broadcast as part of KTVL's digital signal, which can transmit more than one channel. The CW is available free over-the-air on digital channel 10-2. To view it as a free, over-the-air signal, you will need:
- A digital TV with a built-in tuner or receiver, or a digital tuner connected to a digital ready monitor.
- A digital antenna. You can find information specific to reception at your location on this link: www.checkhd.com/aw/welcome.aspx
- In most areas Southern Oregon CW is available on cable.
- DirecTV has not indicated that they will carry the New Southern Oregon CW at this time, and we cannot force them. Contact DirecTV to request that they carry the local Southern Oregon CW to their subscribers.
- Echostar's Dish Network has not indicated that they will carry the New Southern Oregon CW in the near future. Contact Echostar to request that they carry the local Southern Oregon CW to their subscribers.
- You need a digital receiver to tune to other digital channels. Your antenna (see specifications above) should plug into the 'RF in' port of the receiver. Run a cable from 'video out' on the receiver to the 'video in' of your TV. Tune the receiver to channel 35. The display will read 10-1 for KTVL or to 10-2 for Southern Oregon CW.
- For HD-ready TVs, plug the antenna into your receiver, and use the 'component' connections to your TV for better quality.
- If you already subscribe to a cable or satellite system, your receiver should have an extra port for an external antenna with a switch so you can watch this free-over-the-air programming.
Go to www.cwtv.com to see the CW's prime time schedule.